APEL.Q (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning for Award of Academic Qualifications) is the award of academic qualifications to individual learners through the assessment of prior experiential learning toward a fully accredited degree offered by the university.
APEL.Q has been widely implemented in Europe and recently in Asia, a number of countries have recognized APEL.Q as an official procedure with national recognition and it is prioritized for development as an effective policy that serves for liberal education, labor mobility and lifelong learning.
APEL.Q allows professional individuals with no official academic degrees to convert their experiences into a degree. APEL.Q is claimed to be a strict, fair, transparent, accurate and cost-saving procedure.
In traditional training programs, the award of academic qualification is based on the competencies acquired from the training programs itself. However, APEL.Q is based on the reverse process using the national framework that the government publishes to evaluate an individual’s competency, thereby recognize and grant degrees. Degrees are granted from occupational associations and/or universities if they recognize the assessment procedure.
APEL.Q leads to Bachelor of Business Administration with Honours (BBA with Hons) Université Libérale de Paris:
APEL.Q for BBA with Hons of LAS is implemented with the competency criteria published and recognized by the UK government and the Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U).
Through a 3-step procedure: (1) Portfolios ; (2) End-Point Assessment and (3) Capstone Projects, candidates can get the BBA with Hons degree within 06 months. This will reduce 85% academic learning time and save 95% on tuition fees compared to a full-time program in Europe.
APEL.Q of the London Academy of sciences (LAS) is the first independently APEL.Q provider in the world leads to full accredited academic degree. The APEL.Q assessment criteria of LAS is published and recognized by the UK government.
Upon graduation, candidates get the BBA with Hons degree of Université Libéral de Paris in one of the majors as belows:
- BBA with Hons in International Business Administration
- BBA with Hons in Organization Management
- BBA with Hons in International Relations
- BBA with Hons in Marketing Management
- BBA with Hons in Financial Management
- BBA with Hons in Strategy Management
- BBA with Hons in Management of Insurance Operations
- BBA with Hons in Tourism Management.
- BBA with Hons in Logistics Management
- BBA with Hons in Human Resources Management
- BBA with Hons in Administration
- BBA with Hons in Engineering Management
- BBA with Hons in E-commerce Management
- BBA with Hons in Information System Management
- BBA with Hons in Design Management
- BBA with Hons in Management of Non-profit Organisations
- Other majors depend on graduate projects.
In order to ensure recognition and effectiveness in the workplace, the assessment criteria of LAS APEL.Q was developed by the UK government with the participation of various assessment councils from Serco (employer chair), Civil Service (employer chair), Acivico (Birmingham City Council), Anglo Educational, Barclays, BT, Balfour Beatty, Barchester Healthcare, Boots UK Ltd, British Army, BBC, CMI, Co-op, DFS, Grant Thornton, Interserve, JRV Associates, KPMG, Morgan Sindell, NHS (Dept of Health), Nestle, Opus Building Services, Pearson, Pendragon plc, Ricoh, Sainsburys, Santander UK plc, Speedy Services, umi Digital, Unipart, United Utilities plc, Virgin Media, Wincanton, and XPO Logistics.